Thursday, March 25, 2010
Soba with Baked Barramundi & Garlic-flavoured vege
Soba topped with Baked Barramundi & Garlic-flavoured vege
A: Baked Barramundi
2 medium-sized Barramundi fish fillets
1 red capsicum - cut into pieces
1 tablespoon mince ginger
1 teaspoon chilli paste
6 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
Olive oil spray
1. Lightly spray oil onto a piece of aluminum foil. In a bowl, mix the ginger, chili and sauces to form a paste. Place fish on foil and spread some paste on top. Turn over fish and repeat (but keep about a tablespoon of the paste remaining). Give lemon slices a squeeze on top of fish fillets and place the slices on top.
2. Arrange capsicum around the fish. Fold foil into a sealed envelope. Bake in preheated oven at 200celcius for 15minutes.
B: Garlic-flavoured sprouts
3 cloves garlic - minced
1 carrot - shaved into long strips with a peeler
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Saute mince garlic till aromatic then throw in sprouts & carrot. Season lightly with some soy sauce and cook till preferred (some like me prefer it crunchy, others may like it a tad softer).
1 handful organic Soba (Japanese noodles)
1 tablespoon above marinade (optional)
1. Cook Soba according to instructions on pack. I cooked mine in rapidly boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and throw them into a bowl of cold water (this is important to ensure it stops cooking & you don't get mushy noodles). Drain and place in bowl.
2. Optional: Toss Soba with the soy-ginger-chilli marinade to flavour up the noodles.
Just plate your Soba and top it with the stir-fried sprouts/carrots and place a lovely fish fillet & roast capsicum on top!