I usually skip watching The Biggest Loser because it often makes me feel guilty - especially because it usually comes on telly around dinner time, and I'm seated stuffing my face with less-than-ideal-on-the-low-fat-scale food. But the Australian version's Masterclass cooking sessions with chef Janella have provided some pretty delish (guilt-free) recipes including these two which I've somewhat adapted.
Miso baked fish
(adapted from Whole Baby Snapper)
Fish (I used snapper fillets as I'm not such a fan of whole fish)
1 tablespoon Miso paste
**1 teaspoon Mirin (a sweet Japanese condiment, I left it out)
Half an orange, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced finely
1. Place fish on a aluminium foil (big enough to cover the fish)
2. Mix miso paste (and mirin if you're using it) and smear over fish. Note that Miso is salty so you don't need to use any salt.
3. Top with ginger shreds and then orange slices.
4. Fold foil over and secure all the ends so that it is like an envelope.
5. Bake in 200c oven (or on top of hot barbecue) for about 7-10minutes.
(adapted from Asparagus & Egg salad)
1 egg -full boiled, peeled and set aside to cool
1. Lightly spray hot grill (or oven pan) with olive oil. Place asparagus on to cook. Once they're browned, move it to your serving plate.
2. Grate (yes you read right) the hard-boiled egg into pretty shavings over the asparagus. Squirt on some lemon juice, a little drizzle of balsamic and crack some black pepper over it. Serve!
p/s: Check out more of their recipes at http://www.thebiggestloser.com.au/recipes.htm