What a way to celebrate surviving my last exam (it was a toughie - international political economy!) for the semester and summer break! =)
Nigella's molten chocolate babycakes (makes 6 ramekins)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
12oz bittersweet chocolate
1/3 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F (205C)
2. Melt chocolate and leave to cool (you can either microwave it with a little water at 30seconds or use the bain marie method).
3. Cream butter & sugar, once smooth, add eggs slowly. Add in vanilla, salt [mixture may look curdled at this point]
4. Sift in flour. Mix. Add in melted chocolate and combine till smooth.
5. Divide batter into 6 ramekins (don't forget to butter or line your ramekins with baking sheet so it doesn't stick). If preparing ahead for dinner guests, keep the batter refridgerated.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or 12 minutes if the mixture is out of the fridge. Since it cooks fast, you can make it as your dinner guests arrive/ just before serving.
7. Cake should be soft to the touch outside and oozing gooey choc sauce in the middle. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.