Thursday, November 19, 2009

Basic Crepes

My initially opinion that postgraduate coursework is probably going to cause me to blog less (tho I have been procrastinating opening the books by cooking) was completely true... but, after a couple of exams, it will be the end of semester so I promise I'm going to catch up! For now, I leave you with this basic recipe for crepes, which worked so well for me compared to others I've tried. I love eating them drenched in lemon butter sauce/hazelnut spread/sundried tomato spread/with curry... lol, as you can see, I've been having it A LOT!

Crepes
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence or zest of 1 lemon (optional)

Method:
1. Sieve flour and whisk in eggs, milk, water, essence/zest, salt. Once you have a smooth mixture (check on consistency, it should be liquid enough to coat the pan, add more water if too thick), add in melted butter and mix.
2. Spray on oil on a heated non-stick frying pan. Take a ladle of mixture and pour in, swirl it or use the back of your ladle to spread and form a smooth crepe.
3. Leave for about a minute (crepe should easily lift off), and then flip over for another minute.
4. Serve with whatever you love.

No comments: