Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Look who I met...

Hilarious and off-beat in real life as he is on screen... Bobby Chinn, chef and host of Discovery Travel & Living's World Cafe Asia.

Bobby made a pitstop at KL for his press tour promoting the latest season of World Cafe Asia. The event was similar to Kylie's - he did a short demo on a two dishes (a rather comical one I may add as it involved him figuring out how to use Hilton's high tech magnetic cooker), then mingled with journalists as we sampled vietnamese stuff off his book (which I got to add to my meagre collection).

I have to say this though, the peanut sauce accompanying the spring rolls stood out - so much so, I would go as far as say that its some of the best that I've had in a long time (pretty big considering peanut sauce is easily available here).

No comments: