Sunday, January 25, 2009
Another one from my new experiment book Preston's Malaysian Favourites. Served up hot hot with some sweet chilli sauce and tea.
Cucur Udang (Prawn Fritters)
1 cup Prawns - peeled, de-veined and chopped
300g wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
375 ml water
2 medium sized red onions - finely chopped
1 red chilli - finely chopped
1 bunch spring onions / scallions - chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
2. Make a well in the centre and stir in water, mix well. Batter should be soft dropping consistency.
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine mixture well.
4. Heat oil in wok and drop teaspoonfuls of mixture into hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
5. Drain the fritters on kitchen towels and serve warm with dip.