Monday, November 24, 2008

Lemon cupcakes with lemon cream

I baked again... Inspired by a little pre-Xmas prezzie from cousin Jay and Sumi - which I shall reveal when I finally get around to raising my expertise in this new territory average enough to do something with it!


This recipe is really really really simple to whip up. Even though the "creative cooking" skills came into play when I realised (a) when trying out a cupcake recipe - its best if you are prepared with cupcake trays and (b) the batter was way too little to go into a normal sized cake pan (read: one of the two we have at home). Then again, my makeshift little foil pan did work so I guess you don't really need those fancy stuff huh (I bet somewhere some baker is cursing me for blasphemy)...

Lemon Cupcakes (Adapted from Epicurious, makes four cupcakes only)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/4 cup softened butter
4 tablespoons or half a lemon juice
2 large eggs

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 175 celcius
2. Sift flour and baking powder. Mix in zest.
3. In another bowl, fork blend butter, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Combine both mixtures.
5. Bake cupcakes in the middle of oven for 20 mins or until golden brown.


Lemon Cream
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/4 cup icing sugar
3 tablespoon light cream


Method:
Mix everything together and drizzle over serving.

No comments: