Monday, June 9, 2008

Spinach and coconut stir-fry

Well, from now on you'd probably be seeing more "healthier" veggie or fruit recipes. Reason being i'm going on a diet since I just rejoined a gym as part of my birthday resolution (somehow, this works better for me than new year resolutions) and also meeting my new slightly obsessed goal of fitting into my dream dress in one month for my rotaract installation. But then again, I always say this but find myself falling back to old habits and ways after a month or two. Wish me luck on this round!

Spinach and coconut stir-fry

Ingredients:
A bunch of Spinach leaves and stem - Largely shredded or left whole if they're baby spinach
3 tablespoons Grated coconut
2 cloves Garlic sliced
1 Onion sliced
Salt to taste
Red or green chilli - big slices
A wee bit of oil
Method:
Just like any stir-fry but with less oil basically. Saute onions, garlic and chilli. Toss in spinach and cook till slightly soft. Salt to taste. Sprinkle on top grated coconut and mix well.
p/s: works well with red spinach, cekur manis and mustard leaves.

No comments: