Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Assam Pedas Fish

I'm baaack!!! After four days of super sweet and salty food in Yogya, I was itching for something spicy and sour. And I know this is a food blog and all, but don't shoot me if I whip out one of my fave instant packet sauces to do the job... hehe... yummy dinner in less than 10 minutes!


Assam Pedas (Spicy Sour) Fish
Ingredients:
Spanish Mackerel or
Tenggiri fish steaks - cut into half
1 tsp turmeric powder
A pinch of salt
1 packet Brahims Assam Pedas Sauce
Lots of small onions - sliced
1 tomato - cubed
1 cup water
Oil for frying

Method:
Mix fish steaks with turmeric powder and salt and then fry till golden brown. In seperate sauce pan, heat a little oil and fry onions and tomatoes until soft. Add in Assam pedas sauce and water and leave to cook till thickened. Add fried fish and give it a good stir to coat well. Serve with white rice.


p/s: For those of you who don't have instant assam pedas sauce available, you could make it from scratch. Recipe here.

p/p/s: The sauce works great with prawns and sting-ray too! I usually add in ladies fingers (okra) if I'm making it as a one dish meal.

No comments: