Friday, March 21, 2008

Kitchen Bytes: Sarawak Laksa

As a single chick, obviously most of my time is NOT spent in the kitchen cooking for a family. In fact, most of the time, it's eating out and enjoying a good chat with friends or family. Thanks to a pretty darn good idea by my cuz SD to share that on the blog, I'm going to be sharing odds and ends of what I've eaten (but haven't made myself) as well as some tips here and there under the label "Kitchen Bytes"...


Sarawak Laksa
From: Stall at Nam Chuan coffeeshop in Lucky Garden, Bangsar, KL.
Verdict: The rich and creamy broth is made with coconut milk, ground spices, prawns and chicken. Poured on top of vermicelli noodles and garnished with beansprouts, a generous squeeze of calamansi lime and chilli paste - it results in a filling yummmm... As its really rich, I'd suggest washing it down with a refreshing accompaniment of lime juice with plum preserve (kachashimui with asam boi).

No comments: